The Final Offer by Lauren Asher

My rating 3.5 / 5 stars

I don’t want to be the grumpy person for the story, but I really think this series is overrated… I’ve read all 3 books and maybe my first choice from this author was not ok, but it’s too late to change it now. Fine Print was not something that consumed my life, Terms and Conditions was Ok-ish, but The Final Offer was LONG and it didn’t make sense for it to be that long.

In the beginning, I liked it, but as the plot progressed, I got a little bored because nothing particular happen to get my attention. I liked Kane from the previous books, I knew he was trouble, and when the time came to see Alana again, things will be interesting. Mainly, the idea behind the book was the task Kane received in order to gain his inheritance. You know, all the brothers had to do something in order to become rich, so Kane was no exception. He needs to face his demons and go back to the Summer house where he met the love of his life, Alana. BUT, Kane abandoned Alana years ago, so things will not be simple.

I read this book in 2 parts – one until 70% and the rest of 30% on fast forward. It was long and unnecessarily looooong. Kane and Alana are second-chances lovers and their road to being together again is long. Alana doesn’t trust him and besides that, Kane is fighting his alcohol addiction and hiding what his grandfather asked him to do. So, it is just a matter of time before he will do things that Alana will not like.

The book was Ok-ish, but very much into Kane’s head, with confused me and tired me a lot. I know he was struggling and I know the hurt in his mind, but it was not an easy read. The characters were difficult to watch and I think that was the motive I was not very invested in the story. The focus was put clearly on Kane and his addiction and on Alana’s struggles to accept him back. It was a push and pull and even if the connection was there, there are times when it is not enough.

So what can I say? I didn’t love it, didn’t hate it. It was just a looooooong, ok-ish book, from an ok-ish series. 😀

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s